Saturday, February 24, 2007

Apple Soup

This post backdated to 22nd Feb 2007.

I got a new recipe from my auntie recently while on my CNY visit to her place - Apple Soup. My little girl dislikes fruits eversince she recovers from an almost-2 weeks long illness. She refuses any fruits, even fruits that she has had tasted before she also rejected them all together. This is a real headache ah!

I am trying this new recipe from my auntie. I just cooked the soup and left it for hubby to feed her tmr as I got to "kai gong" (start work) tmr already. I tasted some and its yummy. I hope Trenyce will like it and slowly get back to eating apples at least...then slowly I can introduce other fruits to her. *cross my fingers*

Okay, here's the ingredients for 4 adults' share:

- about 300g spare ribs (with some meat, as those you bought from NTUC or other supermarket have packages that sell just the bones alone for cooking soup)
- 2 Fuji apples (of average size) cut into small mini cubes
- 1 red carrot (of average size) also cut into cubes
- some button mushrooms (big ones about 5-8, can add more if you like to have more mushrooms)
- some red dates (of average size, about 8-12, can add maybe 2-4 pieces more if you like it to be sweeter)
- some wolfberries (one small handful)

How to cook:

- Boil the water together with red dates and wolfberries
- When water is half boil, add in the spare ribs (remember to rinse the ribs with hot water twice before going into the soup so as to remove the pork smell)
- When the water boils again, add in the apples and carrots.
- When it boils again, let it simmer over the small fire for about 15mins.
- And finally add a pinch of salt (add according to your preference, usually 1 teaspoon will be enough)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I tried this before. It's really good. My hubby said it's good for throat. I think it reminds him of his mummy's Apple and Almond drink lah. ;p

Tracemee said...

hehe...I am hoping to use this and get Trenyce to get used to the apple taste then slowly feed her the real apple fruit :)