Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Fried Beadcurd with Beansprouts, Carrots & Cucumber

This is another dish I made 2 sundays ago. Because I am cooking for the whole family and not just for my sick man, so I cant cook all the 'tasteless' dishes. Anyway, hubby can eat almost eveything from this organic dish except for the fried beancurd skin. Thus this is the next best dish I could think of to prepare.

I learnt this dish when I was eating at one of the AMK's hawker centre. It originated from a vegetarian stall. This first attempt is not too bad eh :))

Ingredients (for 4 pax share):

- 2 pieces of beancurd
- 1 carrot (of average size), sliced.
- 1 cucumber (of average size), sliced.
- 2 handfuls of beansprouts (costs me 20cts from wet market), boiled.
- 2 tablespoons of plum sauce, mixed with 1 tablespoon of drinking water.
- Cooking oil

How to cook:

- Heat the wok with cooking oil, amount of cooking oil enough to cover 3/4 of the beancurd.
- Add in the beancurd once the oil is heated.
- Remove the beancurd from the wok once it turns brownish and crispy.
- Slice each beancurd into four, like the shape of a blossomed flower.
- Stuff the carrot, cucumber and beansprouts on the opening of the beancurd.
- Finally, pour the plum sauce over the vege mixture (carrot + cucumber + beansprouts) and its ready to be served.

Notes:
For the plum sauce, you do not have to mix with drinking water if you like it thick.

2 comments:

darlene said...

GREAT SITE!!

Tracemee said...

Hi Darlene, welcome to my blog! :)