Monday, March 12, 2007

Kaya French Toast

I made this snack for my family last weekend, mainly because I am left with a big loaf of wholemeat bread which is going to expire in 2 days' time and if I dont do anything to it sooner, I am sure this loaf of bread will ended up feeding the trashbin :p

Coincidently, I bought some cookie cutters recently, so I played around with the new utensils and made heart and star shapes out of the norm-looking bread. Doesnt it look more interesting to eat this way? :)

Trenyce was really fascinated with the french toast. When I showed her, she exclaimed:"wow, you very good at doing something!" hahaha...I am really flattened by my little gal! ;p

**Food picture unavailable** 
[Unfortunately Slide.com had ceased operation on 6 March 2012 and I didnt manage to transfer the pics in time of which some are lost permanently as I didnt have a spare copy.] 

Ingredients:
- One loaf of wholemeal bread
- 7 eggs (small)
- 3 tablespoons of raw honey
- Oil
- One ready made Kaya from bakery shop
- Frying pan (average size)

How to cook:

- Break and mix the eggs with the honey until egg whites, egg yolk and honey evenly dissolved
- Prehot the frying pan with some oil
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture (must dip in totally, otherwise only the surface of the bread with the egg mixture and when you bite the bread, it is tasteless)
- Put the bread into the pan and start frying.
- When frying, always turn the bread otherwise it will turn charcoal very soon becos of the honey content.
- Fry over slightly smaller fire after 2 rounds of frying as the pan has already been heated up, if continue using same amount of fire, will 'overfry'(aka turn charcoal) the bread.
- Finally, when the bread is ready to serve, add a layer of kaya over it. (If you like it sweeter, you can increase the kaya portion)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just made this for supper on Sunday!! But I used sugar instead. No honey at home. My no kaya also lah. Just simple and plain. hahaha!

So Trenyce must be very happy now mummy is cooking for her!

Tracemee said...

hahaha...yeah bcos mommy more encouraged and motivated to cook nowadays...partly bcos of the blog. I hope to put up at least 1-2 dishes every week :)

yeah I saw your version! Will try it this wknd :)