Sunday, May 6, 2007

Udon

MIL is not feeling very well today, having indigestion problem...must be due to some food she ate yesterday. Hence I thought of cooking some light food for her and decided to cook Udon for everyone :)

Errr....forgive me yah, I know my food presentation is still not very good lah....I just need more time to practice :p


Ingredients (4 pax share):

- a packet of Udon for each pax (refer to bottom on Udon pack)
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 4 pieces of mushroom (big size), soaked to soften
- 1 box of beancurd (get the one for cooking soup)
- some carrots for garnishing
- some vege for garnishing (any vege will do, just chopped finely)
- 1 pot of homemade pork broth (slighlty bigger than average size pot)
- salt to taste

How to cook:

- Heat the broth until the water boils, then reduce the heat slightly so that the water is just bubbling.
- Add in the Udon. Boiled till they turn soft.
- Add in the mushroom, beancurd, carrot and vege for another 3-4mins.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add the hard-boiled egg when serve on dish.

This is the Udon pack I bought from ShopNSave.

No comments: